Are you in need of a portable storage building? Do you have vehicles, equipment, or other belongings that need a home? Well, the good news is that portable storage buildings can accommodate a variety of storage needs. Not only that, but some portable storage buildings can also serve as a home, or even a space for creative ideas to become reality. Portable storage buildings create a great alternative to provide adequate storage for your belongings while at the same time keeping your home from becoming over-cluttered. The convenience and benefits offered by portable storage buildings will certainly give you a return on your investment.
We at Gemco building systems offer a variety of portable storage buildings including sheds, garages, carports, cabins, and greenhouses. All our portable storage buildings come at a variety of price ranges. Our portable storage buildings can also be used in a variety of ways. Join us as we dive into more specifics about what different uses you can get out of various portable storage buildings and their price range.
Here we go!
- What Is It? A shed is a single story, portable structure that can be used for a variety of reasons and vary in price. Sheds are typically enclosed structures and can be altered to offer heating, cooling, and electricity. Sheds can come in a variety of styles including barn sheds, gable sheds, and more!
- Uses: Sheds can be used for a variety of reasons including general storage, workshop, or even other creative shed ideas such as an art room or she-shed. Sheds offer great space for you to do whatever you desire with it. Even better, storage sheds can be moved to various locations for your convenience. Also, sheds are known to increase the value of your property, which is a nice plus.
- Price: The average price of a shed can range from as low as $500 to as high at $30,00+. The pricing of your shed all depends on the type of shed you specifically buy and the customizations you have done on it. For a more comprehensive list on shed pricing, feel free to check out this shed price list.
- What Is It? A Garage is an enclosed space that is primarily used for storing vehicles. Garages can be outfitted with electricity, insulation, and provide some additional space for storing items along with using it for your vehicle. Typically, garages are attached to a house but there are time that is not the case. It all depends on what you would prefer.
- Uses: Garages, as mentioned before are primarily used for vehicle storage. However, you could temporarily move your vehicle out of the garage and use it for other creative uses such as an exercise room, workshop, art space, and more! The unique thing about garages is they can be used for a variety of things including storing some yard equipment, but your vehicle will take up a lot of the space.
- Price: The average cost to build a garage is roughly $50 per square foot. If you purchase a home with a garage already present, then obviously the pricing of that garage will be absorbed into the overall cost of the house. For more on pricing of a garage, you can check out this garage pricing list by home advisor.
- What Is It? Carports are the more cost affordable option for providing shelter over your vehicle or equipment as compared to a garage. Carports typically are detached structures that can be customized to whatever size and color you need.
- Uses: The uses of a carport are mostly straightforward. The primary uses for a carport is to provide shelter for your vehicle or storage equipment. Carports however can be decorated nicely to make for nice additional patio seating, or even an alternative hangout spot for when the weather is nice.
- Price: The price of a carport can range from as low as $500 to as much as $20,000+ which all depends on how you customize your carport. For information regarding carport pricing feel free to check out our blog on How Much Is A Carport for approximate pricing on carports of various styles.
- What Is It? Cabins come in a variety of styles including barn log cabins, gable cabins, and more! Cabins are great for simple living, or even purchasing for a 2nd home away from home. Cabins are cozy, comfortable, and great for making new memories in. The experiences you can have with owning a cabin certainly gives you a return on your investment.
- Uses: Cabins can be lived in as a home, whether you choose to purchase a large cabin and have it installed up in the mountains or a smaller cabin purchased and installed on a small oasis, both are common uses for cabins. Cabins can even be purchased and installed on property alongside an existing home, which makes it a great guest suite option.
- Price: The average pricing for a cabin typically ranges from $50,000-$150,000 depending on various factor. For more information regarding cabin pricing, feel free to check out this log cabin price list providing approximate log cabin prices.
- What Is It? Greenhouses are structures that provides a controlled environment designed to stimulate the growth of various plants while protecting it from harmful external forces such as pests or various weather conditions.
- Uses: Greenhouses are used to grow certain plants all year around. Greenhouses are a great way to keep your plants from being negatively impacted by weather and harmful pests. Often greenhouses are used to grow essential foods to be consumed during the winter.
- Price: The average price of a greenhouse can range from $5,000 to $25,300. Greenhouse pricing can vary depending on the size and the material that its built from. For more information regarding estimate pricing on greenhouses, check out this list on average cost to build or purchase a greenhouse.
There you have it! A more comprehensive list of the various portable storage buildings we offer. As you can see, we offer a wide variety of buildings with different styles for multiple uses at a variety of prices.
Do you have a portable storage building in mind?
We at Gemco offer a variety of portable storage buildings that we are confident will meet your storage needs. You can customize it to what you desire with our online 3d builder. Why wait any longer, let us help you get started on purchasing your own portable storage buildings. Also, be sure to take the time to see what others have said about us.
Do you still have questions? Maybe they have been asked. Check out some of our frequently asked questions related to portable storage buildings.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is it cheaper to build or buy a portable storage building? In short, it is much cheaper to build your own portable storage building versus purchasing one because you save a significant amount of money by avoiding having to pay for labor costs. However, in building your own portable storage building it is important to make sure you have the money, time, and skills to do so.
How much do portable storage buildings cost? Portable storage buildings could range from $500 to as much as $50,000+ depending on the type of building you purchase and the customizations you have on it. For a more comprehensive list of portable storage building costs, check out this chart by home advisor.
BE SURE TO GET A FREE QUOTE OR CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE 3D BUILDER